BREAKING: Merrick Garland Makes Statement on FBI Raid Against Trump

Source: RedState

In the wake of the furor and outrage over the FBI raid on the Mar-a-Lago home of President Donald Trump, Attorney General Merrick Garland finally announced that he would be making a statement.

There has been no official statement since the raid on Monday and this has only exacerbated the anger. FBI Director Christopher Wray was asked about the raid but he refused to officially comment, saying “that’s not something I can talk about, and I’d refer you to the department.” Instead, he just spoke about “threats” to the FBI, saying he decried any violent threats.

The White House claimed that they were not aware of it beforehand. There had been reports that Garland was not told about it, which seems incredible.

According to Fox, there was a grand jury subpoena previously issued and Trump complied with that in June by providing documents at that time.

The statement was late, he was supposed to come out at 2:30 p.m. so one has to wonder what was going on there behind the scenes. Fox said that the White House wasn’t even aware that Garland was going to make a statement until it was announced a short time ago.

DOJ would speak through its court filings, Garland said. He said they filed a motion to unseal the warrant because Trump had commented on the raid. Copies of the warrant and the inventory list were given to Trump’s attorney, he claimed. Garland said that he was trying to equally apply the law.

Garland said he couldn’t comment on the basis of the search, adding he personally approved the search. He also said it is standard practice to seek lesser intrusive means.

Garland then said he would not stand by silently when the FBI is criticized and said he was honored to work alongside them.

He didn’t provide any further details as to what the nature of the raid was about, and he refused to answer any questions. So basically, it was a whole lot of nothing.

If he thinks that answers the questions, he’s sorely mistaken.